Wednesday 1 October 2014

Cake #37 - Sausage Cake


Savoury Saturday Cake - Sausage Cake.

First time during 36 days I nearly decided to skip a cake. Behind I had a day full of action, that was, decorating cakes at my daughter's birthday party, and a massive lack of sleep - and more sleep loss expected as three of my daughter's friends were staying for a sleepover after the party. Our living room was already conquered by these pre-teens and their air beds so sofa and X Factor in quiet and peace was not a choice for me. 

To the kitchen I went, started listening to some inspirational music and googled for a recipe for a savoury cake, preferably with sausages in it as we had lots of leftover sausages from the birthday party. 

It is amazing how exhaustion can vanish just like that when you start doing something you are passionate about!

I found this simple recipe and used it with a few alterations. I chopped the cooked sausages we had into little cubes. I did not add any onion or sage, and I used Mozzarella instead of Cheddar.  Easy and fast! Something to be enjoyed for breakfast or brunch the following morning and The Husband just loved it, too!

I think this recipe would be worth trying with a full Irish breakfast as filling. To be seen in the near future. With or without black pudding, that is the question.



No comments:

Post a Comment